Biomedical/Hospital waste is defined as any waste, which is generated during the diagnosis, treatment or immunization of human beings or animals, or in research activities pertaining thereto, or in the production or testing of biologicals.
Biomedical waste emanating from hospitals, other health care centers/clinics, nursing homes, research institutes, medical colleges and dental colleges etc. is becoming a growing problem worldwide. Exposure to these hazardous wastes and not properly disposing of waste adversely affects the health of health workers, patients, disposal personnel and others.
Environment protection is one of the prime concern and it has led to the development of various waste management systems. The most advanced and safe way of getting rid from biomedical/hospital/clinical waste is through Alfa-Therm Incinerators.
Any standard can be achieved with proper air pollution control equipment. Alfa-Therm providing best available Technology with the biomedical waste incinerator which is adequate to achieve stringent emission norms of the world.
Categories of Waste
- Human anatomical waste: (tissues, organs, body parts)
- Animal waste: (including animals used in research and waste originating from veterinary hospitals and animal houses).
- Microbiological and biotechnology waste: (including waste from lab cultures, stocks or specimens of microorganisms, live or attenuated vaccines, wastes from production of biologicals, etc.)
- Waste sharps: (used/unused needles, syringes, lancets, scalpels, blades, glass etc.)
- Discarded medicines and cytotoxic drugs.
- Soiled wastes: (items contaminated with blood and body fluids, including cotton dressings, linen, plaster casts, bedding etc.)
- Solid wastes: (wastes generated from disposable items other than waste sharps such as tubing, catheters, i.v. sets, etc.)
- Liquid waste: (waste generated from washing, cleaning, house keeping and disinfection activities including these activities in labs).
- Incineration ash: (from incineration of any biomedical waste)
- Chemical waste: (chemicals used in production of biologicals and disinfection).
- Applications: Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Clinics, Research Labs, Medical Colleges etc.
- Design: Static Hearth, Rotary Kiln
- Material of Construction : Heavy Duty Steel
- Refractory and Insulation : Insulated and Refractory lined chambers
- Combustion: Post/ Secondary Chamber 2 seconds residence time design.
- Feeding: Fully automated animal waste feeding system (Manual feeding option also available)
- Air Pollution Control System : Wet Venturi Scrubbing System/Dry Scrubbing System/ Combination of Wet & Dry Scrubbing System
- Ash removal: Manual (Automatic ash removal system optional)
- Temperature range: Min. 800-900 °C, Max. 1300 °C
- Burning fuel: Diesel, LPG, Natural Gas, Electrical
- Capacity: From 10 kgs/hr to 2 Tons/hr or as per customer demand
- Emission: Alfa-Therm Incinerators can achieve any Local or International regulation such as EPA, UAE, Egyptian, EU 2000/76/EC (or 2010/75/EU) including Indian.
- Installation : Easy with the help installation manual and drawings/By ATL’s engineer